Wednesday 20 September 2006

... I got 'CHEATED' !! ...

Guess some of you might hear about those time-share companies that existed since don’t know when… Well, I'm going to share with you my experience (promised to post it here too... hehe...) on the recent one that I have gone through… bad experience if you asked...

I received a call early last week informing me that for the last 6 months I may have joined some lucky draws in NTUC, Carrefour, etc. Yes, I told them I did and this guy was even so honest to tell me that these supermarkets actually consolidate those lucky draw participants database even though we didn’t win the first prize BUT we still win something...

(Now, you have to be careful from now on...)

The caller will tell you that you have won a free night stay at one of the 5 stars hotel (Sijori Sentosa Resort) and another free accommodation in Thailand (for my case) and the only condition is, you have to go down to the company to attend a presentation of about an hour prior to collecting your prize..

(Always wonder why the same old trick?? C'mon, just give us the 'dam' prize will you?!$%^&)

Initially, I refused but this guy was good in persuading and so I was thinking no harm going down (haha... got you... don't even be tempted by this!!) and see what kind of trick they could come out with… And they are also persistent, keep confirming you are going down, your details and particulars are correct, etc. On the day of the appointment, will remind you again… as if I will fly away or get lost!! Duh...

And so, there I was in the posh office in Orchard Road. OK, if you want to know the company name, drop me a message, I will gladly provide you with the office name and address. I won't put it here... Well, I do have some 道德 ok?? ;) All I can say, it is Tong Building... hahaha... obvious liao rite?? :-)

(Always like that... nice office, people working after office hours (maybe to cater to 'easy-to-con' people like us and not sure why but there's always loud music, which I read in those forum)

Here comes the part, there will be this sales person who will start to break the ice, asking you about the travel habits, your daily life, etc. Then, he will proceed to explain the kind of product they selling… at the same time even guarantee that theirs is not those time-share company. (who on earth know what a time-share company is or how they operates??) During this time, you got to be very firm that you are not buying anything or else they will talk on and on... mind you, I was stuck there for the whole night which was almost 5 hours! (one trick is to show them you are impatient or not listening as I read in one of the forum...)

If the sales guy or lady can't handle you, they will get their supervisor to handle you, this supervisor is 'dam' good in 'psycholing' you… will offer you different types of proposal to suit your 'financial' and again, assured you that what you buy is value for money… all to get you nod your head and sign on the dotted line.

(usually their product is over $10k man! they will let you pay a min. deposit starting S$500.. the rest work out in installment wan.. they are real good right?? Haiz... I even tell them I got debts to pay, many commitments, they even say themselves also got a lot of commitments… bottom line is, whatever you say, they always know how to counter-attack back)

Later part, you realized that you get conned as it's the same trick like those time-share company and you decided to cancel it… PLEASE DO IT WITHIN 3 DAYS after you signed the agreement according to CASE's Fair Trading Agreement (FTA) which stated you have the right to cancel it.

Therefore, last night, I was at their office again, as usual, the sales guy asked me why I wanted to cancel it and same thing again, get the supervisor in… he/she will try means and ways and the usual counter attack strategy to make you changed your mind… Luckily, I was FIRM enough to cancel after half an hour... argghhh… and I can only get back my deposit after 2 months!!

Don't agree to attend any type of presentations and REJECT immediately after knowing their intention... don't worry, you can hang up their phone or just be harsh.. you have the right to as they are all sharing databases!!

The prize may be attractive but when you realized you have signed it and the product is actually not that good or you know you might not be using it, or whatsoever reasons… you will regret it... Then you decide to cancel it, do this within 3 days if not you will have no rights to cancel after 3 days already…

It will be their usual practice which they will try to persuade you to continue and 'sell' you another plan at a lower rate and even might asked you to discuss with your family… and you will notice this will be after the 3days time …

So, don't be like me and fall into this trap ok??

We are lucky as we are protected by the FTA rule... imagine those company which doesn't have? You will be stuck with the useless product for the rest of your life and paying it for nothing but not enjoying it… unless you are rich then what can i say??

No comments:


ShoutMix chat widget