Sunday 20 August 2006

... pulau ubin expedition ...

Pulau Ubin changes tremendously since the last time I stepped foot there... eh, about 10 over years?!?! Those places I been to were more accessible by vehicles now... whether it’s on car, bicycle or foot... still, I guess foot is the best as you could really admire the scenery around you.

Last night was a bit humid and quiet.. the insects were screeching rhythmically sometime, making you feel like you are listening to a orchestra… could easily imagine in the daytime, this lovely little island would be much beautiful! This is one of the most enjoyable trips I’ve been to with SPI. We also explore some place which I didn’t know about! Like the little temple that the Ubin residents built for this German girl who passed away in WWI. It’s a sad story and till today nobody knows the identity of this pitiful girl.

There’s also a Chinese and Malay cemetery in this island too! And from the tombstones I saw, guess there’s mostly Cantonese living on the island.

Memories flow back to my camping days where the rubber plantation were one of the popular sites for campers as it overlook the beach.. Remember on our night walk, one of my instructor was sitting quietly at one spot on a slope like a “大伯公”. Trying to scare some of us huh?? However, that was one nice walks around the island. Thanks all the elites who have make this trip an enjoyable and fun one!!

No comments:


ShoutMix chat widget