Monday 29 December 2008

... weddings are made of these ...

I was at a friend's wedding dinner earlier.. one of the usual dinners that could have been..

Have you ever wondered how to make a wedding memorable?? a while ago, i did a project on a wedding planner (sadly, the results are not out yet).. i was wondering in real life if we could throw in whatever that we have planned in our project, what a 'memorable' wedding would that be? haha..

Well, after attended so many wedding dinners & lunch (yes, this is without a 's' as there is only 1 so far..) i find that it's really not easy to plan one's ultimate meaningful, unforgettable, memorable, wedding of the lifetime…

I always had lots of thoughts (感觸)after I attended the wedding dinner.

Kind of feel relaxed for the bride and groom after a long day.. they must have went through tons of stuffs that is needed to be accomplished in a day…

Why they choose to have dinner/lunch here? wow, this wedding gown is nice, wonder where they got it from?? ohh, the wedding photos are just what i wanted.. how much is the pakage? must be expensive man.. etc.

In this century, some couples have do away with some customs and keep some that they want… like the 敬茶 to the elderly… I noticed this is one that is passed down till today…

Blah blah blah, the list goes on…

However, I have heard of weddings that is real simple too.. just a “I now pronounced you husband and wife” – a ‘registered’ ceremony at ROM and that’s it..

Sometimes, I really wondered if the bride really let this matter rest in this manner?? No wedding gown to wear, no photo taking, no discussion on which restaurant/hotel to hold dinner/lunch, etc.? Just like that?? Registered your marriage will do?

Hey, I’m not siding the brides but the least the groom could do is to have something ‘meaningful’ yet touches the heart in exchange, isn’t it??

C’mon, I’m not going to give you any ideas.. I shall leave this huge responsibility to yourself to figure out..

Well, if you asked me what will mine be... well, it will be a simple ROM day… no dinner/lunch thingy… BUT, it will be followed by honeymoon of at least 2 weeks (best is 1 month) to whatever (I haven’t really thought where yet) to complete the whole thing.. I’m greedy isn’t it?? Haha…

*I’m not even attached so my wedding may not even happen.. haha..*

No comments:


ShoutMix chat widget