Sunday 9 July 2006

... family ties ...

Soon, my brother will be leaving for Australia (Brisbane) to study his degree. So coincidently, he and my two sisters are studying in the same university..

Plus him in, my whole family has 4 graduates man! wowo.. hehe.. which excludes my dad.. for my family, i guess it's kind of big in today's mordern world as total there are 7 of us! big family huh??

With him in Brisbane and my youngest sis in US, that's left 5 of us here.. guess it will be another 3yrs time before 7 of us could sit down and have a proper reunion dinner.. *sob sob* Since young, we have been having reunion dinner without failed. It seems like this tradition has not been broken since.

However, i noticed that some family today are not doing it anymore. To me, it's kind of sad; as everyone is busy working or has their own lives, so during CNY, it's the best time to get together. If the family is not having dinner together, i seriously wonder how often does one family communicates?

Of course, with mobile phones or computer around, it's possible to be communicating anytime, anywhere. It might create another excuse for not having dinner together everyday, but i always feel nothing beats the face-to-face, heart-to-heart talk right?

No comments:


ShoutMix chat widget